What's new in the last release ?
**** Version : 18.104.22.168 - 22/12/2008 ****
- rules for messages: change of the info never expires. (999)
- improvement in 'decode combined messages with images'
- improvement of the context menu: 'copy discution...' which on some installations was a bit off-set.
- placement of the smiley collections in the panel 'preferences-smileys'
- option to expand treeview with unread messages: works also in case of an incomplete thread.
- message display: "|" is no longer replaced by ">" in the signature part of a message.
- Keyboard short-cut's: It's impossible now to assign the same short-cut to multiple functions. One short-cut assigned to one function.
**** Version : 22.214.171.124 - 19/06/2008 ****
-messages rules : gives acces to the test button for the regular
expressions but only when criteria "regxp" was selected.
-When a message is being localy deleted then the focus moves to the
-Right clic in a message : menu to save the entire tread in a file.
-Detection of the MesNews version (to make tests in Wine Linux)
-Improvement for the problem when using the ">" in the display of the
messages when selecting text to reply.
**** Version : 126.96.36.199 - 13/05/2008 ****
- possibility to select the character ">" or not as quote character (in stead
of the vertical bar) in the body.
- Print button works again.
- confirmation message when opening a url: the url is shown.
- composition of messages: use of the quote colors of the body of the message.
- better rendering of the source of a message: problem with scroll bars solved
- possibility to place the central bar all around the body screen
- improvement with freezing of some messages where the subject is > 2000
- improvement with the synchronization of new groups on the first server.
- improvement of the problem of sending an attachment when it was also in use
by another program.
**** Version : 188.8.131.52/1 - 08/03/2008 ****
- news server management in SSL (thanks to Pierre who has payed so everybody can benefit and to François who supplied the components)
- server properties:
* addition of the option SSL in the autentication tab.
* move of the option 'server port'
* if SSL selected, port 995 is default. If not selected port 119 is used
- removing of a message in the local folders (sent/to be sent/draft) : direct deletion of message.
- options: closing of the thread without messages read when using a keyboard shortcut to go to the next message non-read
- when combining several messages, copying and moving to a folder copies the result of the combined ones
- correction of the animation problem while retrieving groups from a server
- correction of a url problem in windows 98
- verification of mail in the parameters/configuration of the servers/configuration of servers to force a 'decent' and valid e-mail address.
- correction of problem in Vista/xp: selection ticks were disappearing when using ALT
- at the first installation, creation of access to the 2 MesNews groups. Access of other groups on the server needs a request for userid/password on zoo-logique.org.
- yenc encoding: correction of a problem in the lenght of the lines.
**** Version : 184.108.40.206 - 25/11/2007 ****
- modification of the buttons : no vertical buttons anymore, to allow compatibility with XP.
- bug : columns of the message tree wich not always appeared in the correct order.
- Usenet search : uses the howardk.freenix.org service to recuperate a message.
- adding the Manifest to allow the real xp style.
- detection of Vista.
- getting the modified help for Vista.
- opening of the URL's in Unicode.
- maintaining the information files for Vista.
- Note : modification of the setup.
**** Version : 220.127.116.11 - 05/07/2006 ****
[+] IP: It's possible to see the header "X-WBNR-Posting-Host" (Which is used by de web Interface of Microsoft
[+] There are added two new variables ([NBNONLU] and [NBNONLU2]) for the message tree (this allows you to see the amount of unread messages in a thread)
[+] Column configuration; you can change the position of each column (left, right or centered)
[+] Message body ; support for links of this format
[+] Grouplist; it's possible to filter on RegExp (regular expressions)
[+] Grouplist; a column is added which shows the available messages from a group on the selected server
[+] you can add a backgroundcolour to messages
[+] you can filter on a RegExp
[+] you can filter on the full reference of an original message
[+] the option "Download the body of a message" allows you to force downloading the body of a message
[+] you can filter on a RegExp
[+] you can filter on a Message-ID
[+] decode subjects/name/e-mails
[+] selected message in message tree; it's possible to choose if the message should keep the colours of the filters (or just in blue on a white background)
[+] Possibility to insert the variables [SUJETCHANGE+NOM] (which are used in the message tree)
[+] Possibility to insert a dividing line between threads
[+] Possibility to change the backgroundcolour of the threads (even and odd threads)
[+] Possibility to refresh the group after sending a message, uncheck these option to download not new messages after sending a message to the group
Menu Messages\Message display options
[+] View of messages (by thread) depending on a defined criteria
[+] MView a pseudo message in the beginning when a thread is incomplete
[+] Option to view messages only for 1, 2, 3, or 5 days.
Menu Messages\Message display
[+] You can change fast the criterias for viewing messages
[x] Detection of smileys in the beginning of a line with more then 72 characters (in flowed mode)
[-] Improved speed of finding messages from the index and a faster view of messages in the message tree
[-] Options; View central bar on two lines; now it is possible to view the inforation horizontally
[-] Menu; Disk usage ; improved in case the space in use is more then 2,1 Gigabytes
**** Version : 18.104.22.168 - 07/03/2006 ****
New functions :
- A New sound for synchronized groups in the background
- Added a new icon to refresh all the groups. (behind the refresh button refresh selected groups)
- Center the selected message/element in the message-tree
- Added a checkbox in grouplist which allows you to open the selected group directly after you closed the grouplist window
- Possible to decode the field "From" if the name contains some other non US-ASCII characters (you can disable this in File>Settings>Advanced, tab expert)
- The server bar can be showed on more than one rule
- The central bar can be showed on two rules
- In the central bar (Screwdriver\Textformat\Image view) you can choose to view the first image automatically
- A new filter which can be applied to an amount of rules
- Possibility to apply a color to a particular column (name, subject etc)
- Rules can be applied to only one server
- Rules can be applied to all messages, only the start post or only the answers
Updated functions :
- An updated spell-check before sending a message
- Set the time (in ms) before a message is marked as 'read' in the tree
- Possibility to exclude signatures and formulations from a search
- You can change the position of the 3 windows from MesNews into 51 different configurations
- The screen "about" contains now some colors in the tab News and Thanks. Not very useful but it looks nice
- The English language file is updated
- When you deleted the files manually from a group they weren't removed from the hard drive, only if you set the storage period different to 0. Now you can delete all messages (from a date) manually and the files are removed automatically from your hard drive.
Removed functions :
- Removed the icon for ICQ
Fixed Bugs :
- "Re:" will be added even when the "Re:" in the subject is decoded
- Fixed the separator which stayed in the server-tree when it was removed
**** Version 22.214.171.124 - 12/7/2005 ****
- ATTENTION : When you are composing a new message you need to use a default font (like Courrier).
- Charsets, you can set this global/by server/by group.
* deactivate the flowed mode
* set the rulelength (default is 72 characters)
* replying on a message : do not insert the ">" before the empty lines.
* Adjustable infoballoon on the icon of MesNews>
- Formatting of a message :
* force the use of a default font
* colorview of the quotes (you can disable this setting in options)
* an added line at the border of the 72 caracters
* quote button : a menu to 'requote' text
- Added a limit to the sent headers
- Set a default formulation (File>parameters)
- View the size of the sent/received data in bytes/KB/MB.
- Menu group\search inside a group : a button to ignore answers on a message,
a button to start a search at the beginning.
- Dictionary : the task of ISpell.exe is terminated when MesNews is closing.
- Improvement with the problems of the icon on the toolbar in the middle
- Menu message>fontsets : change the charset of a viewed message.
**** Version 126.96.36.199 - 3/3/2005 ****
- menu "mark as read (when thread is closed)" : mark the chosen message as read. When the message is the original posting then the whole thread will be marked as read.
- bug : answer to message with 80 ">" on same line (whitout space)
- search message with ID on server: Used to ask to subscribe to server
- impossible to send message to unsubscribed groups
- rules of messages : button to apply a rule to whole group
- Show message in text format, even if only the html format is available
- send mail: login/pasw
- view of a group with more than 300 unread messages : when answering "cancel" on the question this question won't be asked anymore for this group (except when using the 3th icon to refresh)
- writing message: separating of name and mail
- send message: encoding of the username by putting it between " "
- list of groups on server: button apply to copy the properties to other selected groups
- management of plugins : an added plugin is not active by default.
*add % in tables
*option to only show % or amount
- option : view XFaces/Faces left or right
- possiblility to change the order of the pseudo-servers "backup" and "postbox"
- view of pseudo server in serversbar to show local files (to set in menu "Group\show order groups..."
- Regrouping of messages from same thread when the original message is missing (or if the conversation started up in other group)
- writing a message : new button to send to group AND by email
- option to put url's in form in headers
- option to answer a message without downloading it
- shortcut "next unread message" : works when choosing server in tree of groups.
- searchscreen: button to download automatically the information of the chosen message
- sounds: other sound according to answer to own message or answer to message in followed up thread
- option to change color of server when a group has answers in followed up thread
- properties of group: button "copy properties" to copy these to other group
- tree of messages can be set according to five different parameters :
* real groups
* sent messages
* messages to send
* local files
- server/message search... : possibility to search message on Google
- quicker upload of plugins at startup MesNews, also quicker turn off
- change of component to write message in html, more options (add link, remove link, add control...)
**** Version 188.8.131.52 - 24/9/2004 ****
- improvement : impossible to startup MesNews on certain Windows XP pc's
**** Version 184.108.40.206 : 21/09/2004 ****
- IMPORTANT : the settings of MesNews are now written and memorised in a .ini file to replace all of them in the Windows register.
- Menu Messages\Send the message
- Search : search in the headers of the messages
- Options :
* colors of display for the background of the tree view
* smiley animated or not in the smiley bar of the messages composer (uses less resources if the smileys are not animated)
* height of the menus (the groups) in the servers bar
* option to deactivate the sounds marked read automatically within HTML messages. In this case, addition of an icon in the central bar allowing the reading of sound.
* choice of program to open the urls links
* marking of a message : choice if it is necessary to mark the origin of the conversation.
- Synchronisation of the groups: in the order as servers display
- Setting : sending protocol of the emails (default = SMTP)
- Moderate groups: display "moderate" in the tools bar (initialise the list of groups to update the groups already loaded)
- Menu "Groups\Display order of the groups" : use the drag and drop
- Style sheet : "div id=xx" in the place of "address class=xx" for the quote.
- Options of the servers : not to search the new groups
- Central bar : button to accede to the top of the thread of a selected message
- Short cuts :
* button to test if doubles exist
* button to initiate the shortcuts
- Subscribe to the groups : button to recover the groups of more than X days.
- To remove only one local message (instead of removing a full tree view)
- Formulation fixed for a server or a group
- New shortcut : "Mark all messages as read" with a confirmation through dial box.
- Selected previous/next message : memorised if you leave and return to a group
- Color of the synchronised groups when there is a direct response to a posted message, a followed message in a thread or another message.
- Local folder : prevent from copying 2 times the same message in a folder
- Warning message when you close MesNews if a reply window is still open.
- To copy a full tree view in a folder
- Search a message on a server
- Menu "View full screen"
- Backup of the files containing the settings of servers and groups followed in the folder Datas\Backup (a backup per day, during the first startup of MesNews)
Back to the download page