Preferences - show - security
The screen of menu Options\Preferences lets you change the settings for security, in the by MesNews read html messages:
zone security in messages in html :
This part lets you change the settings for use of scripts, java en ActiveX in messages. Default all boxes are ticked.
- Scripts not active : when ticked the scripts are inactive. in Html the tags "< script >" are added.
- Java not active : when ticked java applets are disabled.
- Controls ActiveX (run) disabled: when ticked the on your pc installed ActiveX is disabled.
- Controls ActiveX (download) disabled: when ticked the not on your pc installed ActiveX are not downloaded.
- Turn off sound in html : this is not a safety option, when ticked the sounds in html messages are not automatically opened.
- Messages with dangerous scripts are rare. An email with a virus in an attachment is a more frequent way of getting infected. Never open an attachment in an email the comes from an unknown person.
- The first button in the central bar, shows a menu Format message that lets you change the way your messages are read, so you will only see them in text modus. In the modus messages do not have scripts or ActiveX. The settings for security are not that important anymore in plaintext mode. You have to deactivate some security's to be able to use some plugins in MesNews, for example, de Brol van Jean.